Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Days like today make me love being a runner!!!!

Hey all!  Official countdown to the Turkey Trot is 3 days!  And after a run like I had today, I am totally ready for the 10K....

Sometimes we fall into a *running rut* we all do it, I have done it SEVERAL times.  I don't run for a few days then next thing I know its a few weeks and well, I usually try to end it after its been a month or so..but either way, I will run maybe once a week, maybe 3 times a month, just because I fall into this whole running rut!  Maybe its because we had a few tough or not so nice runs, maybe its the weather, maybe we got sick or are *too busy* either way, everyone does it and everyone falls into it; and if you don't, well then kudos you are awesome! Haha.

But then I ran today and it felt amazing!  I ran my miles at least 45 seconds faster than normal, which is pretty good.  My feet pounding on the street...wind on my face, the feeling of the warm air passing through my lungs free and clear, it was all such an amazing feeling.  I felt so alive and refreshed, the longer I ran the better I felt.  This made me hate that I could ever fall into a rut!!  When I can feel this amazing everyday???  You can't compare it to anything else, its a *runners high* and I love it.

On another note, I ran a wonderful 5K this past Saturday Blitzen The Dotte with two lovely ladies Bridget and Molly Reidy!  It was a fairly flat course with some small hills at the end as we ran through the golf course.  Started at 9am in downtown Wyandotte and though it was a bit cold (around 35 degrees) it was a great run in all!!  And following the race was a Christmas Parade with cute little kids, firefighters, high school bands and remote controlled race cars (which were scary at times haha).

So get out of that running rut!  Whether you are in it now or come to that point, just remember how it feels to run.  To get out there and have nothing pushing you but your feet and your breath.  To revel in the feeling of getting past certain mile markers and feeling nature all around you move with and against you as you push yourself through and past countless limits.  Now go out there and run your butt off (literally!).

Have a great week and Thanksgiving, please look online or at Active.com for Turkey Trots near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment